Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bed Hogger


When Payton was 2-3 months old, he had pretty bad acid reflux, so he woke up alot at night. This is when I discovered, I would get more sleep at night, if he just slept in our bed (so I didn't have to keep getting up to check on him in the crib when he cried). Well, since he's a little older now, he thinks that our bed is his bed. So, anytime we put him in his crib he screams/cries like we are torturing him. About 2 weeks ago, I decided I just needed to be tough, so after he fell asleep on our bed, I put him in the crib. When he woke up screaming at 2 am, I did not respond to him. He sobbed for an hour and 15 minutes. And I have to admit, it was torture for me and I cried too. He eventually cried himself to sleep. The next night, again, same routine but about half the time of crying. And then, he got sick (runny/stuffy nose), so he seemed so miserable that we decided to give him a break (i know, BIG mistake on our part), and let him sleep in our bed. It's been almost 10 days and he still has a runny nose, the doctor thinks it's allergies. So, really we are back to square one regarding the whole bed thing. If anyone has any tips on how to make your baby like sleep in his own crib, please share them with us! :)

1 comment: