Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rediscovered passion

It took me four years to discover that there were many places to fish in and near Dallas. In fact, we live about 10 minutes from White Rock Lake. I guess I was too preoccupied studying and playing basketball.

Roberta and I grew up in Houston and one of the few recreational activities that we both enjoyed was fishing and crabbing in Galveston (well, just crabbing for Roberta). My love for fishing grew out of my dad taking my brother and I fishing in Galveston. I can't wait until I am able to teach Payton to fish. Hopefully, he won't be as squeamish as his mother (Roberta cried once because she felt bad about putting a live shrimp on a hook).

In the last few months, John Valenzuela and I have been fishing regularly on his speedy boat on Ray Hubbard Lake (I think his boat has a faster 0-50 mph time than my car). Thanks to John, Roberta and I (as well as several in our church) have enjoyed consuming fresh sand bass and hybrids.

Below are pictures of a recent outing. We hooked into some big sand bass.



No comments:

Post a Comment