It was more fun just to eat them. So, while Mike and I were picking, Payton just ate and ate and ate...
Here he is very excited over all the loot! (and still eating strawberries)
We originally went for the experience, but then realized it's a pretty good deal too...all the above strawberries fit in a gallon sized basket, for just $6.75.On another note, since it's strawberry season (at least here in illinois), here is currently my favorite dessert to make with strawberries..Strawberry Brownie Torte

Really, if you have the time, you should make this, it's soo good!! :)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Brownie-Torte/Detail.aspx?src=etaf
So fun! I've always wanted to go strawberry picking, but never have. Sounds like it was a fun and delicious family outing. :) That is a good deal! The dessert looks delicious. I think I might have to try that!
ReplyDeletemmmm. those strawberries look delicious. as does your torte! :)
ReplyDelete~Charis
its strawberry season here too, berta! we are actually going to the dacha (the country house) next week to pick berries and eat till we bust! i am so glad we can share the experience together! ;)
ReplyDeleteso what i want to know is this... how many times have you made this dessert and is mike on strike yet?
oph - you know me too well! you'd be proud to know I have only made it twice in the last month and 1 time it was to give it away. My sister's friend made it for us at her graduation and we all (including mike!) thought it was amazing! miss you!
ReplyDelete